We are looking for a Creative Director who has specialized in copywriting to act an Agency leader and key member of the team at Nomadic. Our creative leaders are highly collaborative, transparent communicators who thrive on curating real-time solutions to real-time challenges.
In addition to providing agency leadership, this person is responsible for understanding client objectives and translating client briefs into both long-form and short-form content as well as print, broadcast, and digital. A deep knowledge of social platforms and experience developing content for those platforms is also a must. This person must be a conceptual thinker, a collaborative partner and an accurate writer.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate solid content and creative writing skills as well as the ability to turn briefs into creative content presentations along with the creative team. This person will also possess leadership skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks with short-term and long-term deadlines. This job requires tenacity, experience, good judgement, and above all, a great attitude.
This position is based in Scottsdale, AZ
- Leadership: Working with the existing team, you will run the day-to-day on key pieces of existing business and serve as our work’s greatest advocate. Inspiring and motivating your creative team will be a key part of the role.
- Staffing: Collaborates with Agency Leadership on staff planning, selection, performance management, career development, employee relations and related HR matters in accordance with agency policy and procedures
- Context: Develop and maintain expert knowledge of search and social platform capabilities.
- Strategy: Participate in the development of communication strategies as well as related briefs.
- Ideation: Produce unexpected creative ideas.
- Presentation: Guide the creation of presentation decks. Strong presentation skills are a must.
- Copy Direction: Work with producers to identify, select, and direct external writers when necessary.
- Evaluation: Determine what worked and what could be done better next time.
- Best Practices: Represent the best content work being done in the industry.
- Vendor Network: Work with agency producers to build out and activate talent network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A portfolio of work that includes examples of digital content marketing.
- 8+ years of content creation experience.
- Expertise in creating highly engaged content for a variety of channels including, Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Experience in creating content for websites, videos, ads, etc.
- Experience writing for print, radio and broadcast.
- Experience directing external resources.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- High-level of energy and enthusiasm with a drive for creating positive outcomes.
- Desire to contribute to agency culture.
- Ten (10)+ years of agency of experience in an agency with a copywriting background
This position requires occasional travel up to 20%, mostly domestic.
Portfolio inclusion in application is mandatory.
Nomadic is an award winning, strategically-driven creative agency. We specialize in developing consumer journey-based marketing programs, grounded in digital and social channels. We serve national brands in high consideration verticals including travel, entertainment, durable goods, and CPG. And our long-standing client relationships include Disney Parks & Destinations, Disney Rewards, Ubisoft, and HOYA Vision.
Items marked with * are required.