The content editor will collaborate with strategists on an editorial calendar, develop relationships with freelance writers and create and maintain a content style guide for Disney Rewards and Visit Orlando accounts. This person is responsible for understanding client objectives and applying client briefs to both long-form and short-form content with a focus on long-form content and editing. A deep knowledge of social platforms and experience developing content for those platforms is also a must. This person must be a conceptual thinker, a collaborative partner and an accurate writer.
This person will also possess the ability to juggle multiple tasks with short-term and long-term deadlines. This job requires tenacity, experience, good judgement, and above all, a great attitude.
Editor and key member of the Disney Rewards and Visit Orlando account team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Concepting: Produce unexpected creative ideas.
- Writing: Responsible for crafting thoughtful, engaging blog articles, video concepts, social posts and any supporting copy. Exceptional writing and line editing skills.
- Presenting: Guide and participate in the creation and presentation of decks.
- Directing: Write vendor briefs based on approved concepts to direct external vendor team members on articles and social content.
- Editing: Edit content to communicate the brand voice, ensure content answers the brief and ensure it is consistent with other articles and social content.
- Feedback: Provide detailed feedback to writer team on what worked and what could be done better next time.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Context: Develop and maintain expertise knowledge of search and social platform capabilities.
- Vendor Network: Work with producers to identify, select, and direct external writers when necessary.
- Best Practices: Represent the best content work being done in the industry.
- Mentor: Provide guidance and counsel to less experienced employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A portfolio of work that includes examples of editing and digital content marketing.
- Editorial experience in an agency or publishing environment preferred.
- 5+ years of content creation experience.
- Expertise in creating highly engaged content for a variety of channels including, Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Experience developing video content a plus.
- Experience directing external resources.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm with a drive for creating positive outcomes.
- Desire to contribute to agency culture.
This position requires occasional travel up to 20%, mostly domestic.
Portfolio inclusion in application is mandatory.
Nomadic is an award winning, strategically-driven creative agency. We specialize in developing consumer journey-based marketing programs, grounded in digital and social channels. We serve national brands in high consideration verticals including travel, entertainment, durable goods, and CPG. And our long-standing client relationships include Disney Parks & Destinations, Disney Rewards, Ubisoft, and HOYA Vision.
Items marked with * are required.